Tuesday, October 20, 2009

People Killing People

In class today I said that 'war and terrorism is inevitable.' And sadly, it is. Humans are the only species in the world that kill one another for the pure fact of killing each other. One of my classmates stated that killers, in their warped minds, have a reason for why they did what they did. I never said that they don't. A killer that says it was because he was bored still killed just because he could.
There are many criticizing the new gun laws but here's the facts. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns just make it easier. Humans have been killing each other since the time of Cain and Abel. That's not going to change. We'll just get more creative in how we do so like toothbrush shanks.
From now until we finally manage to kill everyone else we will keep killing one another. I've listened to people theorize how the world is going to end; I've heard natural disasters and the Book of Revelations but I always thought that would be humans destroying one another.
I miss the days when I was naive enough to believe that people are essentially good but they aren't. People hate people. People love their friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment